Tuesday, December 11

Dear Wesley,

Last week you turned 10 years old. The fact that it's taken me this long to be able to sit down and write you this letter, only shows how much I've been avoiding the process of wrapping my head around the very fact, that you're 10.

It's harder for me to believe I've been lucky enough to have you call me "Mumma" for 10 full years.
It's even harder for me to accept that those 10 years have gone by so quickly.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

I look back at myself at 19 and I can't help but think how clueless I was to this whole thing.
To be honest, I can't help but think how clueless I still am.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

There is so much I want for you. More than you will ever know, more than I can comprehend myself…even though I may not understand it, my heart screams it and if there is one thing I'm certain of in this life, when your heart speaks, you not only listen, but pursue.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

This year's going to be a big one for you, I can feel it. Many of your questions will be purposefully asked. I don't hesitate to tell you truths, my fear stems from you becoming aware of life's realities…. this is where, I'm afraid, innocents starts to be lost.

I'm not ready for that part of you growing up.
I'm not ready for any part of you growing up.
As much as I want to slow these days, I love the baby you were, I love the boy you are, and the man you will be.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Your heart is so kind and your soul so gentle.
I couldn't have been luckier to be chosen for you.
Life answered the biggest questions, I didn't even know I was asking.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

It's not just that you're the one who made me a Mumma, Wesley, you're the one who consistently forges the path, teaching me how to be a better one.

And though there are promised stumbles for us along our journey, just like we started, we'll continue to figuring this whole thing out together.

I love you always,
Mumma

Photobucket

2 comments:

Mommy Evolution said...

Such a sweet sentiment! It always drives me crazy when people tell me to enjoy because it goes by so fast. But then, there are moments when I think "slow down!" because it is going by too fast.

Amanda Frost said...

I remember that 19 year old girl...and long talks about what life was going to be like and how much it was going to change with a baby! Like we knew what we were talking about...ha! 10!!!! What an amazing 10 years it has been! Love you and all of your crazies!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2014 All text and images on this blog are property of Samantha Richardson.
I encourage you to share from the site and link as you please, I just ask that you give credit where credit is due.
Kudos!