Saturday, March 17

Going Green

The Richardson's have gone green baby. Although we do have energy efficient windows in the house, put clothes on the line whenever possible, and I personally, have a soft spot for all things reduce, reuse, recycle related. When I say this family is going green, I'm speaking in literal terms here…

Literally…


{Green argyle high socks & a dog pawed muddy floor, two sure signs of spring!}


A day late and a dollar short this time last year, I found out from some friends, that a leprechaun visits their houses the night before St.Patrick's day. Having been rather green to this 'tradition' myself {pun intended}, since finding this little tidbit of information out, three things have happened…

First, I collected information about such leprechaun trickery from these very friends… there are traps, known to be set… chocolate coins distributed… mischief happenings… and green paint… lots of green painting…

Secondly, my general nature to capitalize on any given reason to jazz up a day, grabbed ahold of this pot o'gold idea tightly ….



Thirdly, I've joined Pinterest. Only reinforcing, the above stated one and two…

The only problem I had, was getting ahold of a leprechaun. Fortunately for me, our elf on the shelf Buddy, sent "Leapy" The Leprechaun our way… mischief surely ensued...



Other than the added excuse of adding some green flare to our day, today was such a nice slow. We packed away the skis, muddied the floors and washed the windows. I blew bubbles until I became light headed and Nate put all the window's screens in.



Right now, college basketball is on the TV and so far in the tournament the games have been impressive to watch, especially being this early in the seatings. I think we're all a bit tuckered out from our day, but without any just reason to be… other than the fact that I just realized it's 9:30 PM… and that's just enough reason for me to get the kids to bed and fill the last of my day's green, by Pinteresting through watching the Celtic's basketball game…



I hope your day was mischievously amazing!

Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2014 All text and images on this blog are property of Samantha Richardson.
I encourage you to share from the site and link as you please, I just ask that you give credit where credit is due.
Kudos!