Thursday, December 15

Recovery Day

My second pot of coffee is brewing as I type, I'm trying to forget the fact that it's decaf, because I'm in a rather valuable state right now and don't know if I can emotional handle the acceptance of caffeine free coffee, when I'm clearly depended on that of caffeine to carry me through the rest of today.

Needless to say, I'm at a very vulnerable state right now… cause in point… Silent Night just came on my Christmas music shuffle and not even four notes into the first verse, I'm now reaching for a tissue to dap my watery eyes… I don't even like silent night… maybe that's why it's so upsetting… I need a little Rocking Around The Christmas Tree brought into this day…


This all stems from the fact that I'm tired, over tired as a matter of fact, and I know after a good night's sleep I'll look back and this state of Me and shake my head, make murmured comment about being overly dramatic due to a few measly sleepless nights, and shoot an unmistakeable look of disapproval my way...

We've got 9 days until Santa himself arrives and I'm finding it more than difficult to sync my Christmas stride. This week started off with a bang… we were shakin', we were movin', we were thriving in that Christmas spirit groovin' kind of way, only to be stopped dead in our Holiday accomplishing tracks when Joey's breathing turned raspy and staggered, had a fever that quickly spiked, and demands for Mumma were just as high.

Calvin complained about a sore throat, but I think only as an excuse to eat cool-pops at 9:00 in the morning… and it worked… better to be safe than sorry I say.

I have to admit, it's in the wake of the kids being sick, I feel it's when I'm doing my job, as their Mumma, the best. Joey felt most comfortable sleeping curled like a cat at my neck, she needed my hands to run calming circles on her burning belly during the day, and it was my arm she would wrap most securely around her body, when she was feeling the worst. It's in the trenches I'm unwavering, calming, and present, pacifying with a rock while kissing away any unsettledness… I wish I could say I was as productive in the recovering days to follow… 

Joser's bouncing back seems effortless, her spirits are restored, mischievousness at it's fullest, with nothing but a lingering cough and a stuffy nose as any signs the last two days have knocked her down… I on the other hand… I'm longing to go to bed, dreading the tasks that await from under this blanket, and apparently see the need to get weepy at random song choices…. So I'm giving myself until Wesley get's home from school to  get my act together…

Unless he insists we follow through with this lackluster day of recovery by snuggle on the couch, watch cartoons, and sip on decaf coffee…



Early Happy Weekend Wishes!

2 comments:

the Momma Bird said...

do you have the recipes for that beeswax stuff you were making?! what was that?!

Teresa said...

I just love this post. The pic with the two humidifiers going is precious. You were definitely creating some amazing natural products too.
I have to make that yummy munchy snack you made in that huge bowl for myself--I mean my kids . Looks delicious !

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2014 All text and images on this blog are property of Samantha Richardson.
I encourage you to share from the site and link as you please, I just ask that you give credit where credit is due.
Kudos!