Sunday, January 9

Hearty Weekend

This was the kind of weekend that has been a long time coming. It was the no obligations, no place to be, no time specific occasions, no hurry to wake up, kind of weekend that doesn't come around too often. No weekend warriors stormed this castle. Two days relished for it's easy, do as we feel, when we feel, way. Mornings with an endless side of coffee, afternoons filled with splashing bathing babies, and a Sunday night-cap of "just one more" ooey gooey brownies. (recipe? scroll down!)

We started the weekend off with an unexpected date night and through the furry of the snow and 50 minutes later, we found ourselves with the noises of children screaming replaced with the clinging of dishes and conversation only interrupted by someone else preparing supper. Basking in the quiet, relaxed setting, attentions focused.  Table talk that starts off as kid free, doesn't stay that way long, causing a regained appreciation for the life full energy, that can only be provided by three busy bodies' unpredictable natures, that we're so lucky to be able to call ours.



And without having to be here or going there, do this before that, time in the kitchen was well spent. Trying my hand at a Buffalo Chicken Soup and the always popular slap your Mama they are so good brownies, made for a weekend success.

Buffalo Chicken Soup: 
Boil two chicken breasts in chicken stock. Add diced carrots & diced onions half way through. Throw in a few dashes of Franks Hot Sauce (depending on how hot you like it of course) and just before you're ready to eat it, stir in a good quality of blue cheese dressing (I used Marie's, but am thinking next time I might add a bit of cream at the end and some blue cheese crumbles instead of the dressing) For blue cheese dressing being as strong as it is, I added a lot more than I thought I would need to, but of course, to taste.


And if you've ever felt you can't quite put your finger on what's missing from your life, an emptiness you can't quite fill its always nagging void, it's these brownies. Guaranteed to make you question how you could ever feel any contentment in your life before them. I'm not even big on sweets or chocolate, but it's best to stay out of my way when these are around. Warning: these brownies are in no way shape or form suggested as part of any diet, low calorie, fat free, or at all forgiving in your quest to loose any of that extra jiggle. But oh so healthy for your soul. Feed your soul!!

"Just One More" Fudge Brownies:
-1 C butter
-1 small bag choc. chips
-2 C sugar
-4 eggs
-1 C flour
-1 tsp vanilla extract
-1/2 tsp salt

-Melt butter and chocolate chips into large sauce pan. When melted turn off heat, whisk in sugar and eggs, stir until mixed. Add in flour, vanilla, and salt. Bake @ 350 for 30-35 minutes (I usually take them out under 30 to make sure they are gooey yummy)

It's safe to say this weekend (with the help of a brownie or two for safe measure) has done well in feeding my soul.


1 comment:

hannahw said...

Love the bath-hawk! You KNOW I'm going to have to make those brownies! I've been trying to stay away from that stuff too, but.. YUM. I promise to give you lots of credit if I love them as much as I think I will!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2014 All text and images on this blog are property of Samantha Richardson.
I encourage you to share from the site and link as you please, I just ask that you give credit where credit is due.
Kudos!