Thursday, December 23

A Christmas Eve's Eve

It's days like this that there is just as much life and excitement at 10:00 at night, as 10:00 in the morning.  A frenzy of anticipation displayed by busy bouncing bodies of energy. We all feel it. We all have smiles on our faces, exchanging knowing looks that this is it… this is what we have been waiting for. It's 10:30 pm,  and the house is just now becoming still for the first time since 5:30 this morning.

A day spent busy, productive, yet relaxed. High heels were replaced with a new pair of fancy fuzzy socks when vacuuming. The question of when the floor was last mopped was replaced quickly with the answer of "who cares!". Hours passed unnoticed, a day unhurried. Cookie dough and smiley face french fries for supper, Cinnamon rolls, playfully prepared for Christmas morning. All the wrapping done, other presents awaiting the magical touch of Santa. While putting together the presents I'm so excited to give, enthusiasm unfaulted by the reality they may get returned, forgotten and dust collected, or less appreciated than others. Laughing a littler deeper, lasting a little long. 

All day I've been reminding myself this is just the eve of Christmas eve, but keep getting swallowed in by its enchantment just the same. 

Having just put the last boy with a chocolate smeared face to bed, I know it's best for myself to follow suit. Before I slip into visions of sugar plums, I wanted to let everyone know, I'm sending my warmest wishes out to you during this Holiday weekend and know it will be whimsical for so many.

A very Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!





3 comments:

hannahw said...

this last shot of Calvin is the best picture you've ever taken IMO. It's perfect and captures everything childhood. It does scream black and white to me, so I played with it in photoshop because I'd rather be doing anything than the work I need to do. Let me know if you want me to send it to you!

Sam said...

Uhm, ahhhh…….. yes!!!

Anonymous said...

Sam, I heart your blog so much. If I was Oprah with my list of favorite things, this would be number one.

Love, Linds

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
© 2014 All text and images on this blog are property of Samantha Richardson.
I encourage you to share from the site and link as you please, I just ask that you give credit where credit is due.
Kudos!